Friday, August 4, 2017

Important Hints Of Authentic Christianity

Brethren, if any of you do err from the truth, 
and one covert him; let him know, that he 
which converteth the sinner from the error
 of his way shall save a soul from death, 
and shall hide a multitude of sins.
James 5:19-20
 
      A question that may need to be asked is: if God is going to take us to heaven then why has he left us here?  Of course the Bible speaks of the second coming of Jesus Christ when the bride of Christ will rise up to meet him and live forever with him and this is our eternal home, yet the question still remains as to why we are here and what God wants us to do while we are here.  Is our remaining here just so that we can be successful in business, in some sort of scientific or entertainment venture, and is it just to live a moral life?  Authentic Christians are to live a moral life and they have the responsibility to care for themselves and for their family and this means not only in our Bible studies with them but also in our finances.  Yet, is this all there is until we wait for the second coming of Jesus Christ?  The answer is simply no where Jesus told us that we need to take the gospel to the world and the world may only mean in your hostel, or your city, or in your church, but it also can mean to be a missionary, but we are to take the gospel to the world.  However that may be, the command stands.
     Cultural Christianity can be found in churches that are truly cultural, but also to be found with individuals and churches that are not cultural.  One such influence that has suspected the church is how the role women has become askew.  I do not mean to be sexist here, but women have a nature that men do not have they have a greater sensitivity to things and sometimes this is really truly spiritual things.  God has done something special program for he has equipped them in special ways to undertake the work of spiritual formation of young people.  We see this where women are teaching in Sunday schools and the like for they seemed to hold the attention of the young people but it than men do in many cases.  This makes women very valuable and this value should carry on into the marriage where they can care for not only their children but for their husband.  A woman has something so special and this is a tenderness that man just do not have for often, and I saw this many times all working in the hospitals, when a person is undergoing some sort of disease or injury they are crying out, not for dad, but for mom. the fact that the role of women have become askew, and this is true of men also, is that a divorce is that occurred not only in cultural church but also in churches where there is authentic Christianity. 
     A story that never leaves me is one in which while traveling with my dad and my mother was in need of now going to a rest home we had a chance to talk.  My dad and I had worked together many times and we often talk a lot with each other but on this day he was sitting in my car silently.  Of course he would be because his wife of 60 years was now going to have to go to a rest home are we all knew she was going to die.  I was at the ripe old age of 59 and I knew that my mom and dad had been married now for some 60 years so I asked my dad, for my dad was an "okie" and my mom "a California prune picker."  Night and day in many ways was my parents so I asked my dad due to this fact, how did you and mom stayed together all the 60 years?  By Simon dad turned to me and only said one word before he turned back to look out the window.  Here is that a word: "COMMITMENT!"  I guess I expected my father to say to me that I love your mother but this was not the case and that word went round and round in my brain all the way back those 5 1/2 hours is returned home.  There it is in a nutshell, this is what I, and I fear that this is what's lacking in far too many people, "COMMITMENT." Here is a fact: people who are married have made a vow, a deep promise, to love each other no matter the finances, the trials and the struggles that come normally with life, to hold each other during a happy times, and in the sad times.  There is a promise to love one another, to be committed to one another and if this is lofting: that God has ordained marriage and they should have a spirit of gratitude And to approach Him in prayer for His care and guidance.  Authentic Christians are those who have their confidence in God and their trust in God for his goodness and provisions even when life delivers uncertainties.  No matter what comes and they know that all things work for the good of those who love and trust Him (Romans 8:28).  There is a great responsibility for both men and women to be the instruments of divine formation and each person you're a man or woman has a role in this task.  The question is will you tackle this role of influence not only for the present time but also for the generations to come?
     The hint about Authentic Christianity: "COMMITMENT!"
 
Return,O Israel, to the LORD
     your God.
Your sins have been your downfall!
     Take words with you and return to the LORD.
Say to Him: "Forgive all our sins
     and receive us graciously, that we may offer
the fruit of our lips.
                         Hosea 14: 1 -- 2
 
Assess your commitment
 
Richard L. Crumb

No comments:

Post a Comment