Sunday, May 1, 2011

New Beginnings

     I wish to welcome back any and all who read this blog for it is a daily endeavor to proclaim the Gospel of Jesus Christ.  After several months of abstinence, a time to study, to attend Simpson University in the Christian Leadership program for a bachelors degree, a time of reflection upon the Scriptures, much prayer, and waiting upon the Lord for direction, guidance, and approaching this blog with solemnity, I am pressed by the unction of the Holy Spirit to move forward, and I do so with confidence that it is Spiritually the right time to begin this labor of love.  
     Those who were on my email list on the last blog, which is still available on the search engine, I have begun under the same title a new blog, (after so long a time the old log would not allow me to post), if you choose to receive my daily blogs by your email then I need your permissions to do so.  You can become a follower, or allow me by sending me an email authorizing me to send the emails to you at rcrumbr@gmail.com: at any time you wish to be removed, send me an email and I will remove your name.  Thank You!
     Those of you who read this work may comment with either a positive or negative comment, space is allowed for that, and I will do my best to answer timely and you may be assured that any answer will have Scriptural texts for you to examine.  I will include any references to books, authors, etc.  Your comments are welcome and desired enabling me to review my writings.  Growth comes by each sharpening the other.
     A caveat at this point is necessary to allay any doubts or fears as to my standing in regards to salvation and denominational associations.  First, I believe in the catholic (universal) Church that contain believers everywhere on planet.  No one is saved by what denomination they attend, rather salvation is a free gift of Grace by God, and by  our faith in Jesus Christ who being both God and Man, through His oblation and passion, ascended into heaven to sit at the right hand of God, there to present eternally our intercession to the Father, who will come again like He went away in the sight of many, especially the Apostles, seen by more than 500 according to Paul.  Jesus awaits His coming until the full number of those of His bride are fulfilled and then the wedding takes place on that last day, the day of His coming.  In that fact is the hope and faith of true Christians, those whose lives are changed and their fruits demonstrate that it is a fact, for His bride live in harmony with the commandments and principles set forth in His Word.  It has been said: "our character determines how we act upon the will of God.  Furthermore, Many Church Fathers have said it more completely; 'Our beliefs determine or theology; our theology determines our religion; our religion determines our character, and our character determines how we act, or behave.  Therefore, Faith Considered--Changing From the Inside--Out is one method of use to address our beliefs as the area enabling us to examine our beliefs and to develop our character in order to become more like Christ.  
     Some important rules of Scriptural interpretation are: (1) Ask the questions; who, what, when, where, why, how; (2) It is context, context, context, that determines the interpretation, not personal feelings, or emotions; (3) Look for what is being said, to whom is it being said to as well as the culture of the people involved (4)To who is the writer writing? (5) What is the theme of the Epistle, or Synoptic under consideration; (6) The text(s) must be illuminated by the complete Bible; if it is not consistent with plain Scripture then one must find help by men who are familiar (Pastors, elders) with the Bible.  It is the principles found in the Bible that we guide our lives by as Christians. 
     I come to this work and study knowing of the effort and time it will take to do this; it is important for many are being mislead in some Churches today, men who do not adhere to the belief that the Bible is the infallible Word of God and even have a low opinion of Jesus Christ, some even making the point of contact with Jesus and His Word by euphoric expressions, rather than the point of contact is Jesus Christ Himself and His Word.  Knowing that I am a sinner, saved by Grace, a man who at best is faulty, therefore by prayers, both yours and mine, study of His Word, and any help that may be given is necessary and will be appreciated.  In other words, I am not standing on a pedestal, don't put me there, my only desire is to consider our faith, to help us grow in the knowledge of Jesus and to take us from subsisting on milk, or even if I may say, junior food, to meat.  Let us then advance and allow the Light of Jesus to be manifested in and through us, applying this Christian life in such a manner that His bride will see it in you and in me and by that means, turn to Him who is drawing them unto Himself.  
     It is a huge undertaking but with the help of the Holy Spirit we will become a tool that He uses, our lives will be changed from the temporal life we have to the eternal life that is already in place for His bride, all that the Father has given to Him.  
     Will you join me?  I hope and pray you will!


Sincerely
Richard L. Crumb

1 comment: